Message From David Field, Entercom’s President and CEO

Dear Entercom Family,

Today we continue to mourn the loss of our dear friend and colleague Steve Forsyth. Steve worked for Entercom in Portland for 14 years and made a great impact on all of us who knew him. Steve died tragically on Tuesday when he was one of the victims of the Portland mall shootings.

We are all heartbroken. This senseless, tragic murder struck down a truly wonderful human being in the prime of his life. Steve was a highly talented man with a zest for life and a terrific sense of humor. He loved his family dearly.

Our thoughts and prayers remain with Steve’s family and friends at this difficult time.

With great sadness,

I invite you to share your memories of Steve below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Alex Hart says:

There are many descriptive words I could use to describe Steve, however none really come close to describing the appreciation and respect I have for him. It’s more a feeling. You would have to truly ‘experience’ Steve to really know and come to that appreciation. All of us who have had that opportunity truly know. Others in the world who are learning of this man, simply know him by these descriptive words. How fortunate we are.

Steve possessed many ‘gifts’,and he used them well. One particular gift Steve had is he could take an individual that was either new in the business, find their spark and help them ignite it or those who’s spark had been extinguished, he would help them resurrect that flame. He also had a gift that would make individuals each feel special, self worth. What a motivator.

I learned a lot from Steve. I learned a lot about me, from Steve. Steve Forsyth, thanks for playing a role in who I am today! Thanks for insisting me to be on your Sales Team, the start of a friendship!

As Steve would say in his jolly-gravelly voice, waving his arm, & with a smirk, “Carry on.”

2. David Rogoway says:

steve was the most positive person I have ever known. He never said a negative word about anyone and I never heard a bad word about Steve. He was an IDEA guy and everyone loved him.

3. Rocky Blumhagen says:

I am so saddened by the loss of Steve Forsyth. Yes, as so many have commented before me, Steve was one authentic and passionate man. I am reminded of the quote that goes something like this, “After someone is gone, you won’t remember what they said or what they did, but you will remember how they made you feel.” And for me being around Steve meant feeling passionate about whatever topic was on the table, hence I would come away from an encounter with Steve feeling enlivened and ready to go out and make something happen!
    I remember vividly the look on his face when he married Carla and the joy when he welcomed Alex in the world. His joy of life, his loving spirit will live on in each of us. Thank you Steve for your many gifts. My heart goes out to Carla and their immediate and extended families. We are all wrapping you in our love. Rocky

4. Catherine Contreras Stephens says:

I am absolutely shocked and deeply saddened by the news of Steve’s tragic and sudden passing. Steve always made me feel at ease (and had me laughing) when he would visit Los Angeles on market trips during my time as a young National Sales Rep at D&R Radio. He was consistently a pleasure to work with, and demonstrated genuine interest in how I was doing personally. His kindness shone even brighter when I then moved up to Portland in the summer of 2006 and he helped welcome me to town.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and sons, as well as to all of his co-workers, friends and family members who will no doubt miss him tremendously every day. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to know Steve and will forever remember him fondly.

5. Marcy Ellenbogen says:

I had the honor and pleasure to know Steve working with him when I was at Fox. He was a delight to work with and I’m so happy I knew him. My heart goes out to his family and all that are suffering his loss.

6. Terry Sullivan says:

What a terrific guy. I met Steve when he generously volunteer to do a marketing workshop for the West Linn chamber. There probably wasn’t much business to be had for him from the experience, but he did a wonderful job educating many small business owners about marketing fundamentals and expected little in return. He taught with enthusiasm and humor of course. I got to know him better as he helped me develop marketing strategies around my franchise and then later we looked to collaborate on some of our ideas. Our discussions were always engaging, creative and authentically focused on helping others succeed. We could discuss business for eons. I’ll miss those conversations and the very positive impact Steve brought to our community. Clearly he passed in his prime. Our prayers go out to his family and friends. I know my memories of Steve will always bring a chuckle and smile to my face. We have lost a good guy.