Message From David Field, Entercom’s President and CEO

Dear Entercom Family,

Today we continue to mourn the loss of our dear friend and colleague Steve Forsyth. Steve worked for Entercom in Portland for 14 years and made a great impact on all of us who knew him. Steve died tragically on Tuesday when he was one of the victims of the Portland mall shootings.

We are all heartbroken. This senseless, tragic murder struck down a truly wonderful human being in the prime of his life. Steve was a highly talented man with a zest for life and a terrific sense of humor. He loved his family dearly.

Our thoughts and prayers remain with Steve’s family and friends at this difficult time.

With great sadness,
David

I invite you to share your memories of Steve below:

Your name will appear as entered below.

Your email address will not be published.

Required fields are marked *

− 4 = three

79 comments
  1. Patrick McGuire says:

I met Steve this year during my dog walks by his house. Steve was very personable and I enjoyed our talks that sometimes lasted longer than my walk. We talked about getting together with our wives for dinner/social gathering but unfortuantely it didn’t happen. I only met Steve recently, but I can see from testimonials and attending the funeral that he was an awesome guy and will be missed by all. A few weeks ago I was outside washing my car, and Steve made an effort to stop his car as he was driving by and say hello. My heart goes out to Carla and family with my deepest sympathies. Patrick McGuire

2. Terry Amato says:

Whether Steve was in a room of two people or two hundred, he lit it up with his smile, sense of humor, and caring nature. Steve wasn’t just well-liked he was well-LOVED. This didn’t come about just because Steve told the best stories with the funniest voices (…and he did!), it was due to the fact that Steve also engaged those around him. He looked you in eye and went well below the surface to ask meaningful questions specific to that person. A rare trait in a me-centered society.

When I heard Steve’s brother, Jim, at the service immitate Steve’s manner and voice I realized how much I am going to miss Steve. Then I truly understood how much Carla and the family will miss him. I will never forget my larger-than-life friend, to use his caring people skills with everyone I meet, and to pray for his family daily.

3. Adam Fendrich says:

Carla,

These online memorials are helpful because they can show you that others join in your sorrow and stand with you. Even in the beginning, Steve was special. He was the first AE that I ever met who had a broad interest in metaphysics and the psychology of human potential. He was interested in financial success too, but only if it went hand in hand with a life of dignity. It’s only now, from the vantage of deeper life experience that I can recognize the extraordinary nature of Steve’s character and wisdom. I remember when the two of you first began to date; you managed to make an already large life, more complete. I’m happy for your years together and sorry that you’ve lost the love of your life. As someone who waited until what seems like the absolute last possible minute to have children, I ponder mortality often and I’m especially saddened for Alex and Katie’s loss. The time has passed for me to add some balance to the ledger of friendship that Steve extended to me. But I am one of many who stand with you to perpetuate the memory of your husband as we acknowledge his generosity, ethos and irrepressible sense of humor.

4. Gary Wanderscheid says:

Carla
    Everyone at Les Schwab is deeply saddened by the loss of Steve.We love you both very much Steve was not only a good friend of Les Schwab he was personally a good friend of mine.I will always miss Steve’s fun loving personally and his great sprit.My prayers are with you and your family if you need anything please do not hesitate to ask

5. Jerry and Linda Kemp says:

We felt very fortunate to have Steve be a part of the large Kemp family. His presence at our Family Reunions always made them special. His big smile, vivacious enthusiasm for all the crazy Kemp activities, and his genuine interest in what each of us was involved in made us feel as though we were his special friend and relative.

Whenever we visited Carla and Steve whether it was at their home or their Seaside condo – Steve’s genuine hospitality and warmth always made us feel so welcomed and loved.

Our hearts ache for Carla, Alex and Katie. We hope that those surrounding them now – from near and far – will provide some comfort during this most difficult time.

6. Gerry McGuire says:

As neighbors of Steve & Carla, we are saddened by such a tragic and senseless loss. My husband feels cheated that the friendship he had just started with Steve ended so soon. Our prayers for the Forsyth family and for all our healing hearts are lifted up to God, a merciful and loving healer. This world needs to invite the coming of the Christ Child into this world more than ever this Christmas season. God Bless us all.

Gerry & Patrick