Message From David Field, Entercom’s President and CEO

Dear Entercom Family,

Today we continue to mourn the loss of our dear friend and colleague Steve Forsyth. Steve worked for Entercom in Portland for 14 years and made a great impact on all of us who knew him. Steve died tragically on Tuesday when he was one of the victims of the Portland mall shootings.

We are all heartbroken. This senseless, tragic murder struck down a truly wonderful human being in the prime of his life. Steve was a highly talented man with a zest for life and a terrific sense of humor. He loved his family dearly.

Our thoughts and prayers remain with Steve’s family and friends at this difficult time.

With great sadness,
David

I invite you to share your memories of Steve below:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

2 + = five

80 comments
  1. Jennifer Pearson says:

I am deeply saddened by your loss. May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.

2. Jeff Austin says:

We were honored to count Steve as a FAN P1, station alumnus and friend. His love of sports, humor and family made him special. His winning personality and that big handshake made him stand out in the best ways. He made an impact on all of us, which will last forever.

3. Kent VanArnam says:

Steve was big in every sense of the word. I loved the way his mind worked…moving so fast and looking ahead and around corners. What a gift to have spent time with him and such tragedy for him not be with us now. I loved the way he developed others through positive coaching…working hard and having such good times along the journey. When I close my eyes I see Steve’s big ‘ole smile and the way he would look at me was so engaging. I’ll never forget my friend Steve.

4. Steve Kerr says:

I only worked with Steve for a brief time at Entercom Radio, but i can truly say that he was very kind to me and willing to lend a hand to myself and anyone who needed one.

What a senseless, tragic loss of a wonderful positive spirit. I wish his family the best, they will be in my prayers.

Steve Kerr

5. David Lichtman says:

Steve lit up a room just by entering it. His engaging smile, great sense of humor, passion for life and family, and unquenchable thirst for knowledge will always be in my heart. I learned so much from knowing Steve. I loved the fact that he was always ahead of the curve, looking for new ideas, new ways to do things, always looking forward with enthusiasm. The world is diminished by his leaving it.

6. Lauren Rossi says:

As a member of the Entercom Sacramento family, I never met Steve, but would like to express my condolences on this sad day.